'Bodies of three Sulu terrorists found'
Sabah Police Commissioner Datuk Hamza Taib said initial investigations revealed the intruders were either shot dead on March 6, or when the security forces mounted clean-up operations in Kampung Tanjung Batu.
He said the sex of the deceased could not be ascertained due to the skeletal nature of the remains which were sent to the Lahad Datu Hospital for post-mortem.
"We have not ruled out the possibility that the three terrorists could have died from injuries while fleeing from security forces," he told a media conference at the police contingent headquarters here today.
This brings to 59, the total number of bodies of terrorists found by the security forces, while the total number of terrorists shot dead stands at 73.
Hamza said 31 people had been charged under the Security Offences (Special Measures) Act 2012 (Sosma) while those arrested under the same act numbered 184.
At the same media conference, Hamza also gave an assurance on security in Sabah, saying the people need not be afraid to carry out their responsibilities as voters this Sunday.
"Since nomination day on April 20 and until yesterday, the police have received 322 reports, made eight arrests relating to the coming general election and monitored more than 2,500 'ceramahs' (talks)," he said.
BLOG BN 2013